Send As SMS

Dish and Wash Cloth Mania

This is about my passion for handmade dish and washcloths.It may eventually include handmade towels and other kitchen items.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Ball Band Cloths


These are Ball Band Dishcloths made using the pattern from the Mason Dixon book. As you can see, there is a mistake in the purple and ombre cloth. I chose to leave it partly because it gives the cloth a bit of character and partly because of some laziness on my part. Normally mistakes get frogged but this time was different.
These cloths were made from some Mint Caron Cotton Terry I found in my stash. They use same pattern as the previous cloth. These are very nice and soft, espcecially when wet. There is a much larger version of these that is mine.

Here is another one using some Bernat Handicrafters yarn and the same pattern.

Pictures!!!


I finally got some pictures of some of the dishcloths scanned onto the computer in the past couple of days.
This one is a variation of Grandma's Favorite made with Sugar'n'Cream Butter Cream Ombre. The yarn is some of the most beautiful I have ever seen. I like it because the colors are muted and have the potential to go with many other colors and with more than one color scheme in a kitchen or bathroom.
The pattern works up quickly and easily as well.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Decision

I have finally made a decision about what to do with my blogs. I have four of them and enjoy each one in its own way. I have decided to keep this one and post pictures of dish and wash cloths that I make here. I will also talk more about my passion for making them. I am also thinking about designing some of my own. Hopefully they will be unique enough to say they are truly my designs. If they are adaptations of patterns in books of stitches, I will acknowledge the source in the proper way, but still share what I did.
I will also talk about some of the yarns I use and other creative ideas that come to mind. I was so excited to start this blog that I hate to see it just sitting here ignored like this.

My other Dish and Wash Cloth Mania blog is becoming a resource for finding dish and wash cloth patterns. It is a project that has grown almost on its own. When I first started this blog I thought there would be a few patterns out there and it was not a big project. Almost immediately I discovered more free patterns than I could ever imagine. This site did not seem suitable for the amount of links I was finding. The WordPress site is better suited for this purpose.

My other blog on Blogger : Norma's Needle Adventures is home to a square pattern I designed. It is also the blog where I enjoy talking about a variety of topics related to needlework and other topics. That one is my very first blog and as such is very special to me.

The fourth blog is about life in general. I am not sure what direction this one will go. Once a decision is made I will discuss it here. In the meantime all four will be maintained.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Baby Trekkie Washcloth

This is one washcloth that deserves its own post. Please check out this very creative wash cloth:
Baby Trekkie Washcloth
It should be a sure hit for all Trekkies out there. Hmmm......I wonder if my guys will like it?

Samantha you did a great job!!!!! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Work Done On Links

I did a lot of work today on the Links section today. This was done in between doing laundry and helping my husband with a clogged up kitchen sink drain.

Right now there is a purple and ombre Ballband dishcloth on my needles. It feels like it has been taking forever to complete it. There just has not been time to do so. My family tells me I have a lot on plate to do, but I enjoy being busy.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Two Blogs About Dish And Wash Cloths

This is going to sound crazy to some people...OK, maybe to a lot of people. But that's OK. My gut is telling me to keep this site in additon to my new one related to dish and wash cloths. Part of my conscious reasoning is do this because I have not been able to figure out to to post pictures on the new site. Another part of my reasoning is that I don't know how to back up the links on the new site and it can be done here.

With that in mind, links are going to be added here in the upcoming days and weeks. I am going to include a section on dish towels as well as dish and wash cloths.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Moving

I have decided to move the contents of this site to another location because of the difficulty finding a template that fits my goals for it. You may find it here : Dish and Wash Cloth Mania.
Please come visit it. My goal is for it to be a resource for those who enjoy making and using wash and dish cloths, wether they are knitted, crocheted of otherwise hand made.

My first site : Norma's Needle Adventures is still at its original location. It will continue to be my main site for fiber arts.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Good Morning

I have decided to set up another Blog because I find I am becoming increasingly fascinated with dish and wash cloths. They can be knitted or crocheted. It doesn't matter. They are quick and fun to make. The ones I have made so far have not been my own designs. I may never design one. If I do that's fine. If I don't, that's fine.


Eventually I will have links to cloths available on the internet. I will also post pictures of the ones I have made. There are other plans for this site which will take time to accomplish.

This is a test.